The implementation of the ACTRIS RI infrastructure in Romania was achieved by coagulating observational and exploratory platforms at national level. ACTRIS-RO has a key role in advancing scientific understanding, as well as in supporting environmental policies, climate change, air quality and long-distance transport of pollutants.
Currently, the ACTRIS-RO infrastructure consists of:
Located in 4 different regions of Romania, that are characterized by different climatic regimes:
- MARS (Magurele Atmosphere and Radiation Site) – National Institute for Research and Development for Optoelectronics – INOE 2000, Măgurele, located in the South of Romania;
- LOASL (Atmosphere Optics, Spectroscopy and Lasers Laboratory), „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iași, located in the North-East of Romania;
- ACTRIS-UBB, „Babeș-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca, located in the North-West of Romania;
- UGAL – „Dunărea de Jos” University, Galați, located in the South-East of Romania;
within the Lidar Calibration Center, National Institute for Research and Development for Optoelectronics – INOE 2000, Măgurele
- ATMOSLAB – Airborne Laboratory, National Institute for Aerospace Research “Elie Carafoli” – INCAS București;
- CERNESIM – Atmosphere Simulation Chamber, „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iași.
ACTRIS-RO on the
ACTRIS-RO is included in Romania’s Roadmap of Research Infrastructures 2017-2027, approved by Order of the Minister of Research and Innovation no. 624 / 03.10.2017.
to ACTRIS RO
The national consortium ACTRIS-RO is, at this moment, the leader of research activities for the study of the structure, dynamics and composition of the atmosphere in Romania. In this context, the infrastructure component managed by UBB (ACTRIS-UBB) aims to become a pole of development in the field of monitoring of atmosphere and climate change.